Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hawaii or Bust!!

I can't believe that summer is already here! This past school year went by way too fast and I can't believe it's already over! I actually wish it wasn't because this was the best group of students I have ever had (and not to mention that I only had 14 of them!). I always thought that having a small class size would be so ideal and amazing for a teacher, but I now believe it's actually a blessing for the students! Kids need that one on one and I was able to give them SO much more attention and just have some good ol' fun! Maybe in an ideal world...or a Title I school. =)

But alas, summer is here even if I tried to stop it. I'm currently teaching summer school for all of June and teaching a 2 day workshop for the district. Yesterday, we had the opportunity to listen to a national presenter and he said the word "hell" more in a 3 hour period than I have ever heard anyone use that word! It was hilarious and a felt an instant connection with him.

Thursday is really when summer will begin for me (all of this rain and 50 degree weather really hasn't set the mood quite yet). My roommate, Tracy and I will be leaving for Hawaii! We have some really great things planned like snorkeling, an ATV tour, hikes, a luau, and eating lots of hula pie! Stay tuned for some great pictures after I get back!

No comments: