I just had to write down what happened today before it sounds too unreal...Where do I begin. First, the room next to Katie's classroom starts to flood so the men working on it somehow decide that knocking a hole through Katie's wall would help the problem. Then they bring in industrial tools and VERY loud equipment. Katie is yelling at the top of her lungs to teach her class and they keep screaming back "What? I can't hear you!" As she continues to scream back "I know!!"
About the time all of this is happening, a student runs into my room telling me that his substitute teacher (Emily just had a baby so is on maternity leave) needs my help. I know exactly WHO the problem is so I leave my classroom and run into all of Katie's class in the HALLWAY trying to perform a reader's theater. As I get the Em's class the student is beyond helping or getting under control so grandma is called. As grandma and Wasatch Mental Health and vice principal try to get things under control they ask that Emily's class leave the classroom. So they spend the next 45 minutes in my room with my class as I try to teach all of these kids.
Meanwhile, Katie takes her class to another room and the cops show up to drag this student off to juvie. It was overall pretty hilarious. And then to top the rest of the day off, it's the second night of parent-teacher conferences. SIGH, but it's all over now. All I have left to say is...Welcome to Geneva Elementary...
31 Easy, Funny DIY Halloween Costumes
5 years ago
2 comments:
Oh man! That would seem unreal, except that I used to teach at Geneva, and I believe it!! Sorry! Better luck tomorrow! Go Jazz!
Wow, stacey didn't even tell me. Sounds like it was quite a mess! I'll have to get some details from you later, I guess.
Post a Comment