Tuesday, May 26, 2009

From the Mouth of Babes

In school we just finished up our Economics unit. For one of the days we were discussing different jobs and what the students want in their future jobs; insurance, salary, wages, environment, etc. As we were discussing if money was important to their future careers I mentioned that teachers don't make a lot of money,this discussion followed:

N: Why don't teachers make a lot of money? You have to put up with us all day!

A: Wait, Miss Call, that's not right! I mean, you teach us so we can one day have a job and then help the economy!

N: Who can we talk to about this?! I'm going to write a letter to the president!

Miss Call: Wow, even 10 year olds get it!

1 comment:

glarcy said...

yes! can they include my salary in that petition too?

I've missed you this last month.