Sunday, May 23, 2010

I'm SO Appreciated

Okay, so this post is a little late but I just had to share these pictures. A few weeks ago was Teacher Appreciation Week at work. During this week our room moms decorate our doors (if you're lucky enough to have a room mom) and the kids bring in gifts and notes.

Well, working at a Title I school always involves receiving gifts of AWESOMENESS! I'm in no way making fun of the gifts I receive because I know they truly come from the heart, especially when most of my students don't have a lot. These are my top favorite gifts from this year that I just had to share.

My FAVORITE! I'm sad that you can't see the red ink scribbled across the angel's face and her chipped porcelain head.
My second favorite: It's supposedly a 'Mouse'


I was bragging about my awesome angel when a co-worker said she could top it. I thought there was no way (besides Katie receiving a bar of soap! Check out her blog for more pictures of gifts with extreme awesomeness!!), but I was wrong, because this gift to a 6th grade teacher truly topped mine!!
Hand painted and everything! And just so you can get a better idea of it's awesomeness...it's over a foot tall! No Lie!

I can't wait to see what next year's gifts will bring!

1 comment:

Brian, Emily, Charlie, and Lucy said...

Is it weird that this post make me miss Geneva SOOOOO much? Tell everyone I say hi!